Saturday 7 November 2009

Interviewer- Nilima Thapa
Participant- Anaraj Thapa

Target Audience Research: Interview 2

1)What makes a music video eye-catching?
The video must suit the music. I mean the editing should be in time with the beats and the song should be good. Energetic dance moves or a silly, funny one can be eye-catching. If the narrative relates to me and my situation, then I would watch it. I like hip hop dance so I would watch a video where they are street dancing, poping and locking. Long but thoughtful music videos would also be a good one. I would also watch if it shows current issues in society like poverty, domestic abuse or the story of “Madeleine” but obviously it won’t be effective if the directing and the editing aren’t very good.

2)What do you dislike in a music video and why?
I dislike music videos with too much violence because a kid might copy it and also because it makes me all moody and sick. I dislike videos that portray abusive behaviours in a positive way. And music videos that repeat the same old story like any other old music videos. I dislike videos like Mariah Carey’s “touch my body”, it is quite vulgar and I think music video should not contain vulgar scenes because if they do so what’s the point of movies being rated and putting curfews on them when the music videos are shown on TV at daytime and kids can see it.

3) If you had to produce a music video, what interesting ideas would you add in?
I would make a video that would be knowledgeable, more peaceful and with touching performances. I would produce a music video for a good cause or about the current issues and what would make the situation better for e.g. racism is something I face a lot so I would make a video about celebrating our differences all together. I would make a well known fairy tale into a modernised version for e.g. make the princesses more independent than dependant on their princes. I would also have a video of beautiful sceneries from all around the world like the night lights on Christmas and the Himalayas at the break of dawn.

4)Do you like a narrative concept in a music video? Could you give me any examples of music videos you have watched and like?
Yes, because it tells you a story in 4 minutes; it’s like movies in 4 minutes.
“I don’t wanna miss a thing” by Aerosmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 a2harrowcollegemediaray2. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Constructed By Harrow College Media Department