Saturday 7 November 2009

Interviews

Interviewer- Eleanor Folivi
Participant- Steve Yorris


Target Audience Research: Interview 1

1)What makes a music video eye-catching?
Something different and abstract, something out of the normal that isn’t repetitive as it were improvised. I think colours play a big role in whether the music video is eye catching or not because if it’s dull and boring colours obviously the colours will affect my mood negatively. Whereas if it were bright enthusiastic colours it will rub on my mood. And make it extra eye catching. Things that happen are random are really funny and catch me by surprise.

2)What do you dislike in a music video and why?
No because that becomes more of a soap or something. I want to hear the music with assistants from the video but not to see a movie about it. Because then I have to sit their till the end to see what the whole video is about and that becomes time consuming. I prefer something that when I watch it over and over again it doesn’t get dull, if a music video has a narrative after once or twice of watching it becomes so uninteresting and would get quite tedious to be honest.

3)If you had to produce a music video, what interesting ideas would you add in?
Everyday things, things that is so obvious that it becomes ridiculous. I want something that can catch me by surprise and excite me as appose to ‘I knew that was going to happen’. Anyone could get a recorder and record someone’s life to a backing track therefore I don’t like music videos like that it’s just boring. I wouldn’t want to see typical obvious characters like a woman in her 20’s pushing a buggy or an old nana in a cafe drinking a coffee.


4)Do you like a narrative concept in a music video?

Not short that the video becomes unnecessary but not long that it drags my life on. It needs to be a medium length such as 2.30sec to like 3.00 min then it hasn’t taken up too much of my time but it has entertained me for a short amount of time. A video length that is totally out of this world is 6.00min that is just too long as well as overriding. Anything under 4 minutes is perfect and gets my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 a2harrowcollegemediaray2. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Constructed By Harrow College Media Department