Saturday 7 November 2009

Interviewer- Eleanor Folivi
Participant- Nikisha Chala


Target Audience Research: Interview 1

1)What makes a music video eye-catching?
Loads of things going on in one video. Rather than just one subject throughout. It keeps me intrigued and makes me want to keep watching. Glitz always gets me watching it brings some fantastic elements. The title usually always draws me in as well. Most importantly the music has to be bizarre and out there. I like seeing some elements of reality as well as some sort of comedy so i can crack joke about it to my friends later on and we can have a laugh for example Mariah Carey – Obsessed . Things that are strange always make it eye catching...you can tell when something is out there because it makes you point it out when you’re watching it.


2)What do you dislike in a music video and why?

Yes, because it’s interesting and gets me into it, it makes me want to watch it until the end. It would be boring if I didn’t know what was going on or what the video was about. I even prefer narrative more because when the music doesn’t match the picture it doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t want to sit their working out what the whole video was about, I generally watch videos to enjoy rather than make it become a brain tease. I think if the artist is singing the storyline it becomes more personal and more real as if they were singing from the heart and as they sang the song i feel they should get recognition for it as well as the overall credit.

3)If you had to produce a music video, what interesting ideas would you add in?
Inappropriate activities between males and females. As im a female I wouldn’t want to see half naked females on my television. It makes me uncomfortable and makes me reluctant to see the rest. I watch a music video because of the music not the stereotypical woman society says I should be. I also don’t like futuristic things they bore me in a way. I like up to date and relative things because it can make a hot topic to discuss later on with friends or in class or something. An example could be N-dubz some of the things are relatively relevant to my life so I can relate a whole lot more. Stupid immature things really make me hesitate when watching a music video like toy things and so on. There just irritating and look like they have been out there for the fun of it. Just too random and doesn’t make much sense to me in the slightest.


4)Do you like a narrative concept in a music video?

A short one because a long one is too time consuming I don’t want to sit there ages as I might get bored the shorter the better. I think after hearing the chorus about 3 times that’s enough I get the gist by then. I hate when the chorus keeps repeating it gets annoying. Anything beyond 5mins in a killer it just becomes a drag to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 a2harrowcollegemediaray2. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Constructed By Harrow College Media Department